Data management course for sustainable data quality
With the help of the CDQ Academy course, you will not only get an efficient entry and deep insights into data management concepts but also best practices from leading companies and industry experts. You will receive answers to many common questions, like:
- Data strategy: How do I argument the business value of data management improvements?
- Data quality: How do I measure data quality or which KPIs are relevant?
- Data management roadmap: What are the state-of-the-art developments and trends?
- Data governance: How other companies have structured data governance roles?
The three Academy modules each comprise three days of data management training and can be completed in any order. During the course, experts from CDQ AG and representatives from various industries will share their experience, practical solutions and real-life use cases. In addition, in small working groups you will try out the new concepts in practice.
10 years of CDQ Academy
Target group of the master data management training
The course addresses line and project managers in the area of data management, data stewards, data managers, and data architects. By joining the CDQ Academy master data management training, you stay tuned to the state-of-the-art data management and data quality management know-how, and also grow your network of data-oriented peers.
Structure of the CDQ data management courses
Our data management training program is based upon the practice-proven CDQ Data Excellence Model (DXM) framework, that is a structured reference model addressing all aspects of developing and maintaining effective data quality in digital and data-driven companies. This model has been developed in a joint effort by the Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ), from which the CDQ Academy emerged.
The program consists of three training modules:
Excellence drivers in data management, corresponding strategy development and continual improvements
Module 1 of the data management course addresses principal business outcome drivers and capability requirements for effective data management that delivers measurable business value. Participants will explore frameworks for contribution of data excellence and its implications for data strategy and roadmap development. This session will also cover an approach to ensuring effective and sustainable improvements in key data capabilities across people, process and technology areas. The conceptual foundation is validated by numerous good practice examples across variety of industry types.
Data-oriented governance setup, data quality management and performance assessments
This data management course provides fundamentals for two key data management enabler areas - data governance and performance measurement system. You will learn about typical data management roles and responsibilities, how they become operational in various organizational models, how to design a purposeful data quality monitoring framework and use it for continual corrective and optimization measures. The presented concepts and models are complemented with practical insights into deployment approaches, with reflections on lessons-learned from implementation experience, again with a number of good practice examples.
Enabling aspects for data management in context of business processes and IS environment
The third data management module focuses on very operational aspects of data management - data models, life-cycle processes and lineage, including perspectives on information architecture requirements and solutions. Participants will also familiarize themselves with essential software components supporting data management activities.
The three modules of our data management training
Data Excellence for Business Value
Governance and Data Quality Management
Data Architecture, Life-Cycle and Applications
What participants say about our data management course
Facts about the CDQ Academy data management course
What are the benefits of participating in the CDQ Academy, how much does it cost and where does the training take place? Here you will find all the essential information about our data management course.
- Build up the case for statestate-of-the-art management through conceptual foundations, templates and practical insights packed into 3 half-day online training course
- Experts from large international companies will share practical insights and report on challenges and solutions from their daily practice
- Experienced consultants share their methods and tools in data management
- In small groups you directly apply the newly learned concepts in a creative atmosphere
- Get inspired by questions from other participants and by confronting your ideas with practices from others – coming from various industries and markets
- Strengthen your motivation and nurture your thinking forward – cross-check your data management roadmap with other practitioners
- Extend your network! You will enjoy plenty of time for personal exchange during coffee and lunch breaks as well as at the dinner
- The participation fee is 2,150 Swiss Francs (exclusive of VAT) for each training module. If more than one participant from the same company attends the same module, each additional participant receives a 15% discount.
- Members of the CC CDQ and the Data Sharing Community pay reduced fee of 1,490 Swiss Francs (exclusive of VAT). No discounts are applicable.
In the event of cancellation of participation no later than twenty-eight days prior to the beginning of the course, the fee will be fully refunded. If participation is cancelled at a later date or registered participants do not attend, CDQ invoices a cancellation fee of 500 CHF.
Please note that the program is subject to change without prior notice.
Participants who attend all three training modules will receive a 'Certificate of Participation' from the CDQ Academy. Participants who wish to attend only one or two of the courses may also do so.