Collaboratively improving SAP Master Data Governance
In 2015 we founded the SAP MDG Focus Group so that CC CDQ members could discuss together which challenges they have with SAP MDG. We wanted to create the opportunity for several companies to first exchange whether they have the same questions and then share their feedback with SAP MDG Product Management. Of course, it is easier for SAP to work with concrete use cases and clear requirements. The members of the community benefit from the fact that requirements which are jointly prioritized by multiple companies are weighted differently by SAP than if they came from a single company.
In addition, the members of the SAP MDG Focus Group enjoy exchanging ideas with like-minded people and discussing SAP MDG best practices during breaks.
How does this SAP MDG user group work?
During a strategic workshop at the end of each year, the group discusses which topics they want to prioritize next year. At this time, the working methods and the topics on which the group wants to focus are also aligned. This results in a simple work plan, which then defines the topics for the next two operative workshops during the year. The defined topics are discussed in the form of breakout sessions. And SAP regularly gives a status update on the submitted topics.
The topics defined for 2023 are:
- Optimizations for MDC (material master) & mass data functionality (Fiori)
- CDQ integration
- Maintenance of decision tables for BRF+ derivations for central business department
- Strategy for contact person governance (e.g., between Ariba/Salesforce and ERP/MDG/CRM)
- MDG Performance & mass data functionality (BP replication)
- Implementation of new change request type for deletion and reactivation process
- Product Data Management in S/4 HANA (MDG, MDC, DQM) – material master
- Exchange of experience on various MDG topics
- Derivation of characteristics and classification
SAP regularly gives a status update on the submitted topics.
Benefits of a SAP MDG Focus Group Membership
SAP MDG improvements:
- Share feedback with SAP Product Management
- Jointly prioritize requirements for the product roadmap
- Be the first to learn about release updates from SAP
- Understand how the group's requirements were addressed in recent releases
- Discuss challenges in using and implementing SAP MDG
- Exchange best practices with peers
SAP MDG Focus Group members
How can we become a member of the SAP MDG Focus Group?
Members should already be actively working with SAP MDG. They should be willing to actively participate and to prepare and coordinate topics. They should have the desire to exchange ideas and to collaborate on the improvement of SAP MDG. A signed Feedback Agreement (FBA) with SAP should be available or signed. Participation is free for CC CDQ members. CC CDQ members may also participate if they have not yet implemented SAP MDG.
If you are interested in becoming part of the group, please contact us!