Collaboratively improving SAP Master Data Governance
In 2015 we founded the SAP MDG Focus Group so that CC CDQ members could discuss together which challenges they have with SAP MDG. We wanted to create the opportunity for several companies to first exchange whether they have the same questions and then share their feedback with SAP MDG Product Management. Of course, it is easier for SAP to work with concrete use cases and clear requirements. The members of the community benefit from the fact that requirements which are jointly prioritized by multiple companies are weighted differently by SAP than if they came from a single company.
In addition, the members of the SAP MDG Focus Group enjoy exchanging ideas with like-minded people and discussing SAP MDG best practices during breaks.
Topics of the SAP MDG Focus Group 2024
The defined topics for 2024 are discussed in the form of breakout sessions over the course of three workshops.
SAP regularly gives a status update on these topics and on new features and releases.
The topics defined for 2024 are:
- Functionalities missing in MDG (bank chains/bank master data)
- Save documents form change request on BP-level & Mass upload of documents
- SAP S/4 Business Partner data model
- Mass change – allow locals to just change specific tables
- Usability (lean UI)
- Value Help behavior in MDG for List UI BB
- Implementation of regular validation (e.g., tax numbers) + SEPA mandates
- MDG-S/C upgrade S4 HANA
- Master data integration in complex IT-landscapes
Tackle SAP challenges collaboratively
Benefits of a SAP MDG Focus Group Membership
SAP MDG improvements:
- Share feedback with SAP Product Management
- Jointly prioritize requirements for the product roadmap
- Be the first to learn about release updates from SAP
- Understand how the group's requirements were addressed in recent releases
- Discuss challenges in using and implementing SAP MDG
- Exchange best practices with peers
SAP MDG Focus Group members
How can we become a member of the SAP MDG Focus Group?
Members should already be actively working with SAP MDG. They should be willing to actively participate and to prepare and coordinate topics. They should have the desire to exchange ideas and to collaborate on the improvement of SAP MDG. A signed Feedback Agreement (FBA) with SAP should be available or signed. Participation is free for CC CDQ members. CC CDQ members may also participate if they have not yet implemented SAP MDG.
If you are interested in becoming part of the group, please contact us!